The WordPress family is an amazing one. I wonder why I didn’t start blogging on here sooner. The people I have met here are some of the most interesting people I know. If it is cold outside, it’s warm on here. If it is hot outside, well, it’s prime on WordPress. So comfortable I feel. Comfortable enough to tell this story.
When I was a little girl, I wasn’t even eight years old, I had read in a Goosebumps book how metallic blood tasted. The cutlery in the kitchen, the handle of the door to my room, our house gate, I knew these were all metallic. So I sniffed. Nothing. I went about licking(discreetly of course). Still, nothing. Oh and I had to know. The curiosity was overwhelming plus I had a journal to feed. Sooo… l locked myself up in my room. I had figured out that the only place I could cut myself without my mom noticing(since she bathed me) would be my tongue. Hidden in my mouth and all. So I took a fresh blade from a first aid kit, brought out my tongue, and sliced into a portion.
Blood came. Hurrah! I touched it… inhaled… finally! I could smell metallic! Also, for the taste, I closed my eyes and sucked on the cut… ahh… yes… so this was what metallic tasted like. Happily, I ran off to make my journal entry.
It was lost in the euphoria of the discovery I had just made. Einstein would be proud of me. My little chest was all puffed out. Heck, I was proud of me. Pain was nothing. And thanks to Bonjela mouth gel and strategically avoiding spicy dinners and too hot drinks, I healed in no time.
See why I’m so comfortable on here? No one will think it odd, me using myself as a lab rat. All fun and learning, right? LOL.
Still on the matter of comfort, I wanna thank Rob of Weight2lose2013. He was the first friend I made on here. He made me feel so comfortable, I almost forgot I was a newbie. His blog is a smorgasbord of amazing stories. Funny, serious, real… it’s all there. Check it out, and see if ya won’t be hooked too.
He has also nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Yippee!
And here, are the rules of acceptance:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
2. List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
5. Contact your nominees to let them know you have nominated them. Provide a link to your post.
6. Display the award logo (or buttons) on your blog, whether on your side bar, ABOUT page, or a special page for awards.
And on to the “seven things about ME” part:
1) Most times I bake to not to eat but just for the aroma that fills the house. It creates such a homey atmosphere.
2) I love my chocolates fridge cold. The feeling of cold chocolate in my mouth and going down my throat is sublime.
3) I hate to watch soccer alone. It’s way fun watching with people.
4) I love hugs… giving, receiving, as long as it’s a hug.
5) The Titanic, Armageddon, and Pearl Harbor movies make me cry.
6) A week in every month, I go on a fruits(strictly) diet.
7) I have really full and sometimes unbelievably unmanageable hair.
Here are my nominees in no particular order. They are blogs that I enjoy and I know you will enjoy too. Here goes:
Also, participation is purely optional.
Thanks again Rob!
A toast… to tongues and comfort!!!